Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Money won't make you happy, but spending it will!


As one of my "Mommy-to-do lists" of creating a more sophisticated, yet age appropriate image, I recently went through my jewellry chest (which is like 4 feet high with 6 drawers) and had a new goal in mind. I want to start a collection of very nice, high-quality jewellry that I can treasure forever and even pass on to a young woman, perhaps a daughter, in years to come.

At this time, my drawers were stuffed with cheap necklaces and earrings suited for a preteen. Most purchased by family members who somehow got this idea that I was obsessed with cherries and was in dier need of having a cherry necklace, bracelet, and earrings for everyday of the week. But I have to remember that these are also the family members who were still giving me stick-on earrings when I was 16.

So I threw out all my teeny bopper accessories and quickly became infatuated with jewellry made by Coach and Tiffany. Yeah, I know... that's like going from being in a relationship with a really *cheap* ugly guy and then starting to date Brad Pitt. But its going quite well. I've purchased my first tiffany item which is a ring from their 1837 collection and a beautiful Coach flower ring as seen in the picture above. I was also given a beautiful Coach bangle and necklace as a gift which I am completely in love with! All in all, I like the idea that this is a process...

I am enjoying my new found hobby of drooling over the Tiffany and Coach websites and creating wishlists of items I hope to some day have. And while this hobby may be an expensive one, it's the first time in a while where I find myself thinking about me and spoiling myself! Apparently, sometimes that quote is true... spending money can make you happy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment