Monday, January 18, 2010

Are you Pregnant Yet? Are you pregnant yet?


Hi dedicated readers.. a.k.a. Mom lol Just Kidding! I've seen 5 readers on a good day!

Well, first things first, allow me to apologize for the lack of excitement on my blog. It's been a hectic holiday and it's taken me a while to think of something I would like to write about. Finally, I have come up with a wonderful mom jeans and more topic -- getting pregnant, again.

My husband and I have been trying for a second child for eight months now. We're in our early twenties and figured it wouldn't take long to get pregnant. (ha ha) So we made the stupid mistake of announcing to the world that we're trying. OOPS. Every time I talk to someone, they ask me if I'm pregnant. I get asked in front of people I don't know, at dinner parties, you name it. Not awkward at all, especially when the conversation then turns into one about sex and people start recommendeding spots to have sex at that time to make a baby.

I really do think that if I were pregnant, I would tell these people. They are for the most part, my family. But they have to ask, and I have to be reminded that I'm not pregnant when I may have not even been focussing on that thought.

I think people should cut some slack to those of us trying to create another life. Lessen the pressure, stop humiliating us with sex talk and positions to increase chances of pregnancy. In time, you'll get the news you're looking for... we might buy you an A&W burger to let you know, or send our son in a "big brother" shirt. Nonetheless, when the time is right...you will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment