Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Christmas Wish


Hi everyone! This is a special post that has nothing to do with being a mom... but about being a kind human being. Christmas is a perfect time to express your kindness through giving. I'm not talking about visiting the mall and buying "stuff" for those dear to us. Don't get me wrong, I like "stuff" but I somehow think that Christmas is much more than that. It's such a commercialized holiday, but it has great potential. Not only is it about family, and a lovely meal to be shared by all, but about giving to those less fortunate, or those who do so much for others, or just someone who has had a rough go at it lately.

This year I have decided to select one person who I would surprise with a gift. This was to be an anonymous act that would come straight from the heart. After some thinking, I made my decision and it was for someone I had only met a couple times, who I know is an amazing woman who could really use a special treat. She fits under the category of doing so much for others but who doesn't get a chance to spoil herself. She works two jobs, and money is tight. So instead of sending her something I wasn't sure she would like, I sent money. I wrote Merry Christmas and explained to her in a typed letter that she is basically an amazing woman and she should treat herself. I hope she does.

So my Christmas wish this year is that everyone partakes in a giving surprise! We all know someone who does so much for others and doesn't receive enough in return... wonderful friends and family who we think deserve more in life... a low income family that could use meals or toys. Big or small, no matter the size of the act, you could make a HUGE difference in someone's lives.

I hope you take a moment to do this, share this, and remember this for every other Christmas.

Please share any of your stories of giving, and have a very Merry Christmas!

-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment